Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chicago Parking Tickets--Dismissed! No boot!

Today I found out how you can get out of all boot charges, and that involves having the client die. I went out to my car today to find a boot on it. Over about 2 or 3 years I received a number of dumb ticket for parking "in an alley" (not true, the "alley" is actually a private drive and not part of the city), for not having a current registration (my mom forgot to give me the paperwork, she had terminal cancer), and silly me, I just mailed in the evidence (which I think they just toss away), thinking everything was okay (though I know they post this on the internet someplace).
Meanwhile she continues to get the notices but isn't interested any longer in the problems of life.
So I got a boot. But with a copy of a certified death certificate, which they fax and review some place, I have no idea, they did in fact take off the boot and I don't believe there are any charges against the car any longer.
Yeah.
So remember, if the owner of the car dies, you can get those dumb tickets dismissed and all you need is a copy of a death certificate.
It takes about an hour or so them to do this, and I don't know why, but be prepared to spend some time at your local facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment